Friday, October 01, 2004

Just like 1974 - Part II

The computers were down again today so I went out with Noel on site visits this morning. It was kinda cool to see first-hand what actually happens but I'm glad I don't do it all the time. I couldn't believe the way some people lived in their houses. It ranged from the very house-proud woman leading us through her flat with newspaper on the floor, to a Jimmy Saville lookalike whose house stunk of fags and we had to pick our way through the filth. Still, I asked for experience and that's what I got!

This afternoon I did newspaper crosswords and cleaned my keyboard. The system was suddenly up and running by 3pm. I did all my outstanding works orders and then left at 4.15pm. I'll play catch-up on Monday morning over coffee!

BTW, for those of you who care(!) I added a guestbook function for the webpage. It just seemed like a nice touch...

No comments: