Friday, October 08, 2004

Samantha

So I’ve decided for the NaNoWriMo that I’m going to write a fresh story based on an abandoned idea I had for Samantha. Only the characters remain the same. It’s a new concept with a different approach and at the moment I have is an outline of the first half of the novel. I have researched thoroughly and apparently its perfectly acceptable to have story outline and chapter summaries, just so long as not one word of the actual novel is written until 1st November.

The only thing I’m nervous about is the word count. With a target of 50,000 words over thirty days, that’s 1,666.66 words a day. So I reckon 1,700 a day will do just great. It’s only a target and I will no doubt fall short on a few days and go over on others. Just simple mathematics really.

All I have to do now is wait for the confirmation email… It’s only been a week. I can wait a bit more…


2 comments:

omouse said...

I'm so excited! The more people I drag with me, the more I can be pushy and taunty to. Umm... I meant encouraging and inspiring to.

Athene19 said...

*sigh* The emotional taunts of a novelling genuis to a struggling amateur do not help in these situations. (Memo to self - downsize Jenny's Chrimbo pressie this year)