Friday, October 29, 2004

Temp-Perm Branch Negotiation Agreement

Today I received the final piece of paper that confirmed my permanent position at work: the invoice from my recruitment agency asking for their introductory fee for me. Now, I’ve heard that that the fee is usually a percentage of the agency person’s annual income, so I’m expecting a nice high fee of something in the range of £3,000. The invoice, as I guessed, asked for the tidy sum of £3,515. Only, since I’ve been at my place of work for so long, a special fee gets negotiated and with deductions in place and the addition of VAT, the total introductory fee was… £293.75

I was actually quite upset. Is this all I’m worth? A week’s pay. I was gutted. I felt like a cheap commodity purchased off E-Bay. If there was an auction, I’d be worth less than £300? Gutted.

1 comment:

Nancey said...

They'd get you at a bargain at 3000 quid.

Congratulations on the new job. *wink*