Monday, October 04, 2004

Team brief

At the team briefing today we were asked to think about which days we’d like off for Christmas and New Year. I protested it was too early to be dealing with that kind of malarkey. I was brusquely told it was never too early to think about Christmas. If the gifts are displayed in the shops, Christmas is not far off. I wouldn’t dream of doing my shopping this early. If you buy chocolate, for instance, it would taste horrible by the time Christmas came.

We were also told that CPZ might be enforced around the depot. This would mean public transport every day. Ugh. Still, at least then I wouldn’t be lying to my car insurance company when I tell them I only use my car for personal and social purposes. Of course, I argue that going to work is a personal purpose – it’s a personal choice over the bus! :)

No comments: