Sunday, October 24, 2004

Laura's birthday

I went to Laura’s for lunch today. It’s a birthday celebration thing, although her birthday was last Sunday. I was telling her how I always dread it every year that I won’t be able to make it because Anna’s birthday is on the 14th and her's is on the 17th, and the weekend celebrations always have a chance of clashing. Anyway, Laura was okay and surprisingly bubbly for someone who was going to miss the big Man U v Arsenal match. Laura is an avid Arsenal fan, which makes sense considering she lives in Holloway. We have a thing for Thierry Henry. We most definitely would!

Unfortunately Mina couldn’t make it but Pamela and Linda came, armed with 8 week old Daniella. Linda is due in February but isn’t showing much yet. Mind you, Pamela didn’t really show until she was eight months in, so we’re guessing Linda’s having a girl as well. Boys tend to sit more forward so the pregnancy bump appears earlier. (I know too much about these things…) Anyway, Daniella was pretty much the focus of most of the afternoon and yes, I did hold her and play with her a little. I’m a bit of an old hand being the eldest of five but it was cool. She has the tiniest fingers and cute dimples when she smiles and… Ohmigod. I’ve turned into one of those babbly women who get all broody over babies. Stop, Clare, stop this instance! You’re not supposed to be maternal! Tough chick, remember? Tomboy! Repeat after me... t-o-m-b-o-y.

*sigh* Phew, I feel better now.

1 comment:

Nancey said...

*thump* fell out of the chair laughing.