Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Un-birthday

If my Mum was still alive, she'd be 50 today. I don't think I can imagine her as being 50. Time simply flies by. It's been so long since she died I can only remember small fragments of the stuff we did together or the things she'd say in certain situations. I do remember how she felt though. When I hugged her, she was very soft and kinda squidgy around her stomach. The palms of her hands (and the soles of her feet) were rough due to a skin disorder, but I couldn't imagine them being any other way. I still miss her, even though I can't really remember her. Its strange... I can't really describe the feeling. I guess you don't really know unless it happens to you.

I won't be so melodramatic tomorrow. Oct 31st always gets me like this.

No comments: