Saturday, October 23, 2004

XMTS

I successfully navigated the staircases and didn’t fall down at all. I’m so proud!

I spent all day doing the stuff I wanted to do last weekend and couldn’t. It rained like hell all day. It just did not stop. Rosemary and I got soaked just going from the car into the shops. Mad. Shopping was rather boring for Rosemary because she wanted to spend her New Look vouchers but wanted Anna to shop with her, and Anna went to the Town to renew her Angel videos instead of coming with us to Brookfield Centre. I treated her to a drink in the café and while there, saw an old colleague from work. I didn’t go over to say hello, although we did acknowledge each other. The thing is, he got suspended and then fired, and I didn’t want to be trapped into saying something I wasn’t supposed to say. The Council are pretty strict with regulations in that area.

Anyway, after shopping I carted Chris and his equipment to Hertford Community Centre for a Hallowe’en themed gig he was playing at. His band XMTS have come up with some cool merchandise - T-shirts, demo CD’s and stickers with the band name emblazoned on them. (Someone has put a sticker on the signpost on Baker Street before you get to Parsonage Lane if you‘re interested!). I listened to Chris sound check before sweet-talking the doorman into letting me in without paying. The doorman was the manager for punk rock band D-Monic and I basically told him his band were really cool at the Puke In The Sun gig and he let me in! Then I sneaked backstage to find Chris and I hugged him, wished him luck, and then nipped home to grab an early night. My head was thumping and I just couldn’t stay.

No comments: