Thursday, October 28, 2004

Hollywood Bowl

After yet another quiet day in the office, I went bowling with a few people from my office tonight. Bob had been on at me all week to join them so I thought, "Why not?" Bob is incredibly generous. He would regularly buy his closest colleagues breakfast every day from the canteen (when we had one) or would spend ages in the kitchen making piles of toast for people to dig into. He told me that two lanes were pre-booked and I was more than welcome to come along.

So I went home to change after work and headed out to the Hollywood Bowl in Finchley, despite the fact that it's raining so hard that I can barely see the road. I arrive on time and find no-one there. Have I got the right evening? Bob did say Thursday, didn't he? And then I remember that he's probably been coerced into picking up Jordana from Chingford and therefore has a bit of a trek on his hands!

After about 20mins everyone arrives and we start settling into the lanes. Bob and Jo arrive halfway through the first game and eagerly muck in. It's even teams: Nan, Phil, Jo and myself against Bob, Siva, Tom and Christine. We win the first game and I do pretty well with 98 points. I am a pretty bad bowler despite loving the game! Second game is won by my team again, only this time I get the surprisingly mega high score of 133. Third game the other team won, but my score was still high: 105.

It was a lot of fun and I am always pleasantly surprised by how people react to situations outside of the office. Usually I would feel a bit uncomfortable in this sort of scenario but since becoming permanent staff I feel a bit more like I belong. Of course, I'll feel even more so when I get that all-important first payslip!!

No comments: