Saturday, October 09, 2004

Jamie and the Astronauts

It is Anna’s birthday next week so I went out this morning to find her a present. After some deliberation I decided to get her a DVD with all three of the Die Hard films on it. She has a good video version of the first, a fuzzy video version of the second, and the third film didn’t tape when it was played on the TV a few months back. So she should be pleased with that. I want to get her Speed on DVD for Christmas but they only seem to sell it with Speed 2, which was a truly awful film, so the search continues!

To my utter surprise, the EPG is actually interested in taking part in the NaNoWriMo. I just mentioned I was doing it and she said it sounded like a great idea and could I give her the website so she could have a look-see? So I obliged and she’s gonna give it a shot. Not that she has time to write a novel but the whole idea is just to have fun and flex those creative juices! Cool. The more the merrier I guess…

I was discussing my story line with Anna this morning. She thinks I should do something based on the Greek mythology-style stories. I said that although I was interested in the subject matter, I really couldn’t stretch it out long enough to hit the target. Homer I ain’t.
"But you can just take another story and make a modern update," she countered. "Instead of Jason you can have Jamie, and instead of Argonauts you can have astronauts."

The frightening thing was I think she was serious.

No comments: