Monday, November 01, 2004

NaNoBlogMo

Wahey! The NaNo starts today and I have a blog set up for the sole purpose of being a home to my NaNo entry. These type of blogs are fondly referred to as a NaNoBlogMo and mine is simply called Samantha, the working title of my NaNo entry. The link is in the margin or, if you're lazy, click HERE. It won't be updated daily as Chris usually has the internet cable under guard most evenings, but I will be updating at least every weekend so you'll have to set aside your Sunday mornings for a good read.

In other news, Anna insisted that I have a 'decent' tape for when she's in my car, since she doesn't seem to like my current playlist. She wants Westlife in there. So I obligingly put together a few tracks together and give her the list for her approval.
"You have fifteen tracks," she notes. "That won't fill two sides."
"It's only for one side," I say. "I don't think I can take two sides."
"Fine then! You will probably get eleven tracks on to one side."
"Fine. I can knock four tracks off."
I duly cross off two tracks which they didn't release, Uptown Girl because the original by Billy Joel was better, and Flying Without Wings because it's cheesy.
Anna takes the list and gasps. No, really gasps. "You took off Flying Without Wings!"
"Yeah, so?"
"You can't do that! It's like their signature song!"
"The video is contrived and god-awful! They swing their arms out like five-year-olds playing Airplanes in the playground! They strut down a corridor wih flowing white coats and..."
"It's an important song!" she yells, and starts to re-do the list, crossing off Fool Again and Bop Bop Baby, and putting back on Flying Without Wings and Miss You Nights, a song they didn't release.
I snatch the list back and say that I want my original choice. She protests that a Westlife tape without Flying Without Wings is not a proper Westlife tape.

*sigh* So it made the final cut plus my original eleven choices. I'll try and squeeze on all twelve tracks but if push comes to shove, it's not going on there. I do have to listen to it too, you know!

No comments: