Thursday, September 16, 2004

Yet another card

The manager of the depot where I work has decided that the padlocked door to the 'back' of the depot isn't providing enough security. I have to agree. The padlock was really fiddly and difficult to unlock at the best of times. In the end, people would fix the padlock to the outer part of the slide-bar so you could open and close the door without opening the padlock, and when you shut it, it'd look locked but wouldn't be! Not secure, but easier to operate!!

So now we have a swipecard system to get into the depot. Anyone can get out by just turning the latch, but you need a special swipecard in order to get in. I was one of the few people who got a card today. Most of my colleagues don't need to use the 'back' door cos they get to park inside the depot. Since space inside the depot is limited, it's only for 'essential car users'. Living 8 miles away doesn't count as essential(!) so I park outside.

So I have another plastic card in my purse. No-one's asked for the padlock key back though...

No comments: