Wednesday, September 08, 2004

At the car wash

The gas works outside the depot where I work will never go away. They have been there forever and nothing's changed. Okay, maybe I exaggerated slightly. They've been there four weeks. But the parking is getting worse, definitely! It was difficult to park near the depot before, but now it's near impossible. I had no choice this morning but to park under a tree. I'm thinking, "It's warm today. It'll be nice to have my car in the shade for once."

I came out of work today, walked down the road to my car, and OHMIGOD! My beautiful silver car is now splattered with splodges of bright purple. It looks like bird crap but isn't. It is, in fact, blueberries. I didn't know you had blueberry trees, just blueberry bushes. But there's my car, covered in dried blueberry. It is horrible to look at and embarrassing to drive. I go to the nearest car wash I can find, which is the Tesco in Ponders End. I buy a car wash code and decide to shoot through the pay-as-you-go jet wash first to loosen the dried fruit.

I sat for a whole fifteen minutes behind a car that was already clean. I have no idea why this guy thought he had the need to take his car through the jet wash. But there he was, selected each of the steps: shampoo jet, soap brush jet, rinse jet, wheel clean jet, the lot. And when he'd finished and pulled out, he parked up in front and started to leather off. Jeez, it was a Lantra!! It wasn't even a Merc or another flashy car. I was astounded to say the least. Anyway, I jet sprayed the dried blueberry, sailed through the car wash, and got myself a nice clean car.

Needless to say, tomorrow I'm parking in the next street.

No comments: