Monday, September 20, 2004

The search begins… again!

Rosemary turned 12 today. We had a little celebration with J2Os and sponge cake, and obligingly sang ‘Happy Birthday’ at half the normal pace.

During my lunchtime today I signed up for a flatmate-finding service. Yet again, I am trying to escape my parental home in search of pastures new. I stopped at the beginning of summer because I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep my job, but now I’ve got my placement, I’m looking again. I’m having a little trouble trying to find rent-to-buy schemes within the Greater London area (help would be greatly appreciated!) so I’m looking at sharing for now. There’s not a lot of choice really, since I can’t afford to rent alone and my salary won’t secure a large enough mortgage for anywhere in my area. So I’m looking at sharing for now. Come on, I can’t live with my Dad forever! I have to live like an adult sometime, so why not now? The thing I fear the most is still being at home when I’m in my thirties. A horrifying thought.

No comments: