Friday, November 26, 2004

Rowan's

So I went bowling again tonight but with peeps from Lordship mainly. Nicky had organised it so, of course, Sarah and Alex came along, as well as Dan, Niamh, Noel (who works with me), Steve and Cliff.

We had a 7.30pm start at Rowan's in Finsbury Park on Stroud Green Road. It's quite small, some may even say dingy, but it was a relatively good atmosphere and, of course, the company was first class so it was a good night! As I've mentioned in my blog before, I'm not the best bowler in the world, but I can get the skittles down. I got a reasonable score of 117 so not too bad - I do aim to hit 100 before the end!

Everyone was drinking except me cos I was driving home and Sarah, who's on meds. Cliff takes to drink really well and, after a couple, decides that his bowling is pretty bad. It is. He enthusiastically throws the bowl down the lane and it hits the gutter before its halfway down. He decides enough is enough and suddenly he's running halfway down the lane and chucking the bowl from about five metres... and he still didn't get all the skittles down! We were laughing so much! And Noel was flirting with every female who had a pulse! This woman in the lane next to us got a strike after Noel's first bowl and started gyrating to the group of people she was with. Noel is standing there, bowl ready to throw a second time, and is just watching her, even mimicing her slightly. Ten minutes later he's buying her a drink, much to the chagrin of her boyfriend!! I may tease him about it Monday morning...!

No comments: