Thursday, November 11, 2004

Second wind

I needed to write Chapter VI. It was a difficult one though and I kept putting it off. I was supposed to write it last Sunday but found lots of excuses not to write it: car needed fixing, blogs needed reading, fellow Nano-ers blogs needed reading...

I went on to the forum and found everyone was light years ahead. I'm talking 20K or so. I felt like a failure. I had a detailed chapter plan sitting in front of me... and I was a failure. It was horrible and depressing. I whinged to Jenny and about six hours later (damned time difference) she gave me a pep talk.

I now have a 4,403 word chapter. It's not the best chapter in the world and it will be tweaked before posting. It needs much more dialogue and character building, so I'm definitely going to be upping the word count.

But it's done. Now I can really get to grips with the novelling. Thanks Jenny!

1 comment:

omouse said...

That's what NaNo Buddies are for!

:) I stalled too... I had the day off of work, and I puttered around until finally, wham... I got about 2000 words out of it. Good for a working day. Bad for a vacation day.