Saturday, November 06, 2004

Fireworks

Fireworks. They're pretty aren't they? Its just a shame that everyone has to have their own display every night over two weeks when it's enough to have them just on the 5th November. Parliament nearly blew up one evening, not nearly every evening over a fortnight.

I did admittedly go to the public display in Enfield tonight. Its a good show, organised by the District Scouts, and all the money raised is pumped back into the community, going towards the upkeep of Scout huts, uniforms for disadvantaged Scouts, and equipment for groups through the borough. So its for a good cause and I get to see fireworks. Its just that I've been seeing them (and laying awake at night listening to them!) for days. The courier at work is one of the Scout organisers for the display and advised me on the advance tickets so that was good.

And the display was cool. I know the one at Alexandra Palace is bigger and better and done with lasers and Capital Radio playing in the background but its always too crowded and not worth the hassle of getting there and having to navigate the upward hill walk... The downfall is that its free with only suggested donation entry. Its asking for crowd surges, really.

I love fireworks. Just wish I didn't have to hear them at 2am.

No comments: