Friday, January 14, 2005

Relocation, relocation, relocation

I was officially told today that our team could be moving offices. The senior turned and said, "By the way, you know you might be moving across the depot?"
"No," I replied, "I'm always the last to know."

But I have to admit, there have been some rumours going around about a possible move for some time. A couple of people have cornered me at the printer/ watercooler/ stationery cupboard to ask me if I had heard anything about staff movements. Please, like I would find these things out first! The first rumour was that we were relocating to Wood Green. Then there was talk about some of the staff rotating so only some people would relocate. Now there's talk that the smaller teams within the department are being moved to the store huts so the larger teams can be together in the offices. It kinda sucks.

Anyway, I'm going to wait until floor plans are produced before I start sticking my oar in. I'm going to attend meetings and voice my opinion! It's cool being off agency. And, if I do relocate, it'll be my fourth move in four years. I guess it's important to keep moving. I might catch something otherwise...

No comments: