Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Like many people across the globe, a new year arrives and I feel as if it is like a new beginning, a fresh start where I can finally bring my life into order. I therefore make resolutions that will somehow make my life better for this year and many to come.

The reality is that the resolutions are either so far fetched that they would never be feasible or they are so stupid that they don't really count as resolutions. This year's are the same as last year's:
1. Move out of parental home
2. Stop biting nails
3. Join the gym
4. Eat three meals a day

No 1: Well, the housing market in the UK is slowing but I still need an annual income of c.£30K before I can buy somewhere. This will only happen if the housing market crashes, I get a salary hike, or I get married - all of which are pretty unlikely in the near future.

No 2: I need willpower, Sally Hansen formula, and no bad days to break this habit. It's unsightly, unattractive and unbreakable. Roll on 2006.

No 3: It's for my well-being but it's not the most social of settings, trying to talk to another person whilst out of breath. And it's costly if you don't go at least twice a week. Anyway, I don't 'do' sweat. Maybe I should just check out the solarium...?

No 4 is happening but will probably lapse when I can't get into my snug-fit jeans. The argument was that eating breakfast would be healthier and, if I got a size bigger, I would be able to carry it off. I'm keeping this one until February. Promise.

No comments: