Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Flooring the statistics

After Friday's meeting with an external contractor, I was lumbered with typing up the minutes, arranging visits to the company's main and local offices, drawing up a list of properties for re-surveying, and issuing a list of properties already accessed. Today, I finished it all.

I originally sent out the first draft of minutes on Monday, waited until this morning for everyone's responses and amendments, and then sent out a revised copy about 11am. At 4.30pm, the lawyer writes back to ask if I could send her amendments out in a final email of minutes. Oh my god! They are just freaking minutes!! And she didn't even add anything major. She basically re-wrote one of my comments to make herself look better. I'm not sending out minutes a third time. It was embarrassing enough having to do them twice!

Anyway, after lunch I set about doing all the things I should have been doing over the last two days. By 2pm my throat is sandpaper-like and I'm praying the phone doesn't ring because talking will be near impossible. I feel like crap. And I bet I'm dragged to the company's local office tomorrow to take more minutes. 5pm on the dot I leave the office. On my way out, the new manager stops me and says how my property lists were really good and that I floored the statistics. I smile, nod, and manage to croak out a thank-you, even though I'm not sure how a property list can floor statistics...

No comments: