Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Visting Marco

Mina texted me and said that she and La were going to the twins' parents to see Marco, Linda's newborn son. So straight after work I headed off to find a pressie and found the most gorgeously soft baby blanket in Next. I figured that it would be more useful than clothes, which are grown out of within a couple of months.

As per usual, I was the first to arrive (I'm so annoyingly punctual!) and I got to talk to Linda properly for about half an hour. She filled me in on the latest while I played with her niece, Daniella, and I informed her of the going on's surrounding the house move. She said that she and Pamela were also looking to move, as their 2-bed flat is now, obviously, rather crowded. They're thinking of moving towards Ware as it's cheaper and they're more likely to find a 3-bed place within their budget if they go further out of London. They're not too happy about it generally, but it needs to be done!

Mina and La eventually arrived and Mina immediately tried to wake up the heavily-sleeping Marco! News was exchanged and Joni told us about his driving test, which was hysterically funny, but he didn't seem to get the joke. He was saying how he drove fast because his instructor told him he was going too slow, and when he was told to pull into the next convenient space to stop, he pulled into someone's driveway! We were all in tears!!

No comments: