Friday, March 04, 2005

Happy Friday

Linda had a baby boy this morning at 1.30am via c-section - 7lbs. Tiny tiny!! That must have been during the snowfall that had covered everything by the time I had woken up by 8am. Anna looked out of the window and said, "It's snowing. I hope my driving test isn't cancelled."
I assure her that it won't be because by the time the test comes about, the roads will have been fully gritted and the snow would have melted away. It's not cold enough during the day for the snow to settle in London. The city produces too many exhaust fumes and other warm airs for snow to settle properly.

Anyway, I drove off to work (after searching for my snow-buried car for a good ten minutes) and hit traffic for most of the way. By the time I got to Tottenham the traffic was murder. Engines had been turned off. I sat under the bridge, the North Circular traffic thundering above me. Anna texted me to say that she had a place at University of Hertfordshire. Two pieces of good news and it isn't even 9am!

Later in the afternoon, Anna texted me again to say she had passed her test. She then phoned my work phone to squeal her delight to me. It took a lot of willpower not to squeal back!

At home, Chris told me that his band's place in Emergenza was pretty much finalised. XMTS are going from strength to strength and need your support!!

So it was a good day in all. Happy happy Friday...!

No comments: