Thursday, March 31, 2005

I wanna dance again!

I saw Shall We Dance? on my own as no-one else wanted to tag along. Anna wanted to see Hitch but its looks like the same old run-of-the-mill boy-meets-girl story and I wanted to see something with a bit of pizzazz!

Richard Gere was pretty cool, displaying his modest dancing talents previously seen in Chicago. Susan Sarandon didn't have a great deal to do and I think more could have been made of her character. Jennifer Lopez was surprisingly good and she is one helluva fabulous dancer! I have to admit the film itself was pretty lame (what was the deal with Gere and Sarandon's daughter?!) but the dance scenes were excellent. The showpiece was a dance between Gere and Lopez done in semi-darkness (no lights except a glow from the outside streetlamp). It was tight, sensual, and made me wish I did Latino-Ballroom dancing!!

I need to find a dance class...

No comments: