Friday, March 25, 2005

Criminal

I met up with Mina today so we could go shopping down Oxford Street. Mina was running a little late so I hot-footed it to Borders so I could buy some maps for my holiday this year. I got these detailed maps of South and South-West England and they include touristy hot-spots so I thought they were pretty cool to have. I hope Melissa and Jenny are boning up on their map-reading skills...!!

Mina arrived and we ended up darting in and out of department stores until we got to Debenhams. We spent ages in there, browsing around the Fiorelli bags and the racks of clothes in Star by Julien McDonald, Jasper Conran (so love his stuff!), Oasis and Jane Norman. Eventually tried on some Jane Norman things and decided on a floral top. It was the only fitted thing there - everything else either had an empire line or just hung from my shoulders and made me look pregnant. Not really a look I'm going for...!!

We went for lunch, during which time Mina's cousin turned up to take her to Notting Hill to see her baby niece(?). We parted and I hunted around for jewellery before heading home. I got home, pulled my new top out of the bag to show everyone, and... the ink-and-glass security tag was still attached! I was horrifed to say the least! Absolutely horrified!!! The salesman was so busy fiddling with it and putting it into the bag, he obviously didn't have time to remove the tag. In any case, the security alarm should have gone off as I had exited the building. I'm so annoyed because I have this great top and it looks like stolen goods!

Anyway, to save me having to go all the way back to the West End, Pam is taking to her son who works in a branch of Debenhams in Eltham so he can get it removed for me. I added the receipt to the bag just in case any questions get asked...! Is it criminal to remove something from the store with the security tag still attached, even though the item has been paid for?

No comments: