Saturday, March 19, 2005

Estate agents & car salesmen

Dad and I went to the Estate Agency today. I decided that if I had to move again, it'd be into my own place. When the saleman came into our house to valuate it, it made it out that it was easy for first time buyers to come onto the market, provided they didn't have any outstanding debts. Since I don't have any, I'm willing to give this a shot.

The guy in the EA was a different story. I worked out I could only afford £92K and he started raving about this place for £130K. Was this guy even listening to a word I was saying?! I can't afford that! And it's ex-LA. No thank you! Then another guy chipped in and started going on about this studio flat overlooking the tennis grounds on the Ridgeway. It seemed as if the tennis grounds view was the best thing going for it, the amount of times he mentioned it! I'm trying to stay away from studio flats. Who chooses to sleep in their lounge?

Dad did better. We managed to get an appointment for someone to come and take photos of the house on Monday afternoon, and they have a client who is very interested in buying in this particular area, and apparently tried to buy next door (who have since sold up and are moving to Cornwall within a couple of months). I guess we have a weekend of tidying coming up then!

Anna also tried to buy her car today. She is waiting for the garage to get the documents through for her Peugeot so she can actually buy it. She already has the insurance paid for, but the saleman at the garage is being uncommunicative (unusual for a saleman, let me tell you!). She phoned him all day, every hour on the hour. I think in the end he was just giving her the brush-off. What he would have her believe was that the Peugeot head office was being unhelpful so it was reflecting badly on him.

Anna's annoyed anyway, to say the least, and has decided that if the car isn't delivered with the appropriate documents by Tuesday, she's cancelling the insurance and demanding the garage pay for wasting her time. Er, good luck with that one, sis!

No comments: