Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Reception

I've just spent the last few days sitting at reception on lunch-time cover. It isn't all that bad, really, but the computer doesn't have any of the programmes I need to work so I pretty much do nothing. Of course, I do take filing or some other form of paper shuffling with me so I don't get told off, but it's basically pen-tapping, thumb-twiddling, and chair-spinning!!

I've been told to answer the phone in more 'cheery' tones. I think it was meant that I had to have a perma-smile... and I'm not the perkiest person in the world, expecially whilst at work and/or doing something I don't wanna do! But I tried it out a couple of times. It just sounded fake. But at least I didn't get any wrong calls or whinging tenants, which was a small blessing.

Reuben assures me that the reception is a 'chilled area' and he can't see what the fuss is about. I can only say that the 'chilled' part must be in reference to the door draught...

No comments: