Friday, March 11, 2005

Hylands Park here we come!

So I deliberately took today off work so I could, at 9.00am sharp, be sitting at my telephone and ordering V Festival 2005 tickets. I rang a couple of times before getting into the radio station hotline. Cool! I start listening to the options and Dad comes in: "Are you ill? Are you okay? Clare, are you listening to me?"
"Shhh!!" I go, but its too late. The options speech is over and I haven't been able to hear them. Bugger.

I randomly push a number and get through to the switchboard. (Halfway there...!) The lady politely informs me that I have bypassed the ticket hotline and would I like to be transferred? The line then goes dead. Noooo!! I frantically dial the number again. An automated message tells me the number I've dialled has not been recognised. I shortly become the fastest Virgin Radio hotline dialler in the country as I repeatedly dial the number and get told the same message over and over for 20 mins straight.

Finally I give up, stomp upstairs, and hook up to the Internet. Within minutes, the SeeTicket website has ordered me two tickets for me and Anna, plus car park passes. People are probably still trying to get through the phone line. I pity them. The Internet is sooo much better! I love 21st century techonology!!

No comments: