Thursday, July 03, 2008

One more day to go…

Reuben is going to work today but I have a day off. The first thing I do is drive to Hoddesdon and pick up my wedding dress. It is a beautiful full-length Amanda Wyatt strapless ivory dress with beading and ruching to one side. It is stunning! At home I hung it up in the spare room to air and straighten any creases. I then texted Reuben to say that if he came home while I was out he was forbidden to enter the spare room!!

I went out again and went to a small nail place in ‘old’ Cheshunt to have a French manicure. The women in there just spoke to each other in their own Oriental language and didn’t say a word to me other than ‘What you want?’ and ‘£8 please’. It was a good job though and was otherwise a pleasant experience.

I rushed home and was just in time to great Melissa and Jenny back from their rambles in York. We had a chat and went through their photos. Reuben came home and had an armful of stuff people at his office had given him – a banner, cards and vouchers. He then went off to deliver the hired suits to everyone and stay at his parents’ for the night. I gave him a mock-stern warning to turn up the next day and then we all got ready for our girly night in. I had pizza, wine and romantic slush. Anna, Amanda and Tara all arrived and Melissa grabs ‘Slipper and the Rose’ and starts to watch it. I don’t think she realised it was a 3hr musical… Halfway through and after lots of fast forwarding we plumped for ‘Love Actually’ instead!

I insist on an early night – don’t want too many eye bags – so beds were inflated and goodnights were said over Jenny’s singing ‘Get Me To The Church On Time’.

No comments: