Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm in Egypt...

And doing nothing again. Its great! There are some mad people sunbathing in nearly 47C heat of the midday sun but then if they want skin cancer, that’s up to them! I’m staying here in the nice cool air-conditioned bar with my free teas and cakes! Good thing about all-inclusive trips: all drinks and food are free, even the alcoholic drinks, although its so hot you wouldn’t drink much as you’d just dehydrate quicker than ever! Tea is good for heat. I’m liking Egyptian tea.

Some people went to Abu Simbel at 4am this morning. We saw some pictures taken by another tourist and they were excellent. Reuben and I definitely need to go there another time!

The ship started to sail back to Luxor this afternoon after its two day stay in Aswan. We are expected to go through the Esna lock later tonight which should be quite a sight but Egyptian time could mean it won’t happen until early morning…

No comments: