Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aswan

We’re in Aswan and its very very hot. And we’re doing nothing! I love my holiday. All the other tourists have gone to the Aswan Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae temple. Some of them are also going on the camel ride to a nearby Nubian village.

Today the kitchen staff serve traditional Egyptian food so we have ful, rice and something very similar to moussaka. It was delicious. For dessert it was baklava which was so good that I simply have to buy some when I get to duty free!

Some of the passengers wanted to go on a felucca, a working boat on the Nile. It was a bit pricey for what it is, so Reuben and I opted out and just waved at everyone from the top deck! The felucca trips look like fun though. Earlier a felucca with a party on board went by. There was dancing and drums and just enough space on the felucca for ten people!

No comments: