Saturday, June 25, 2005

Amsterdam v Nottingham

R buggered off to Amsterdam for the weekend on an all-guys holiday mini-break thingy. Kind of like an Only Fools and Horses Jolly Boys Outing. Only in Holland. So I joked about the red light district, told him an amusing story about Omouse's trip there, and went on my own mini-break... to Nottingham. Yeah yeah, not as exciting or cool as Amsterdam, but Nottingham has clubs, pubs, and Andy.

Andy likes my new shorter hairstyle. And the fact that I'm eating properly again (see here). So a good start! He's a little despondent since his working contract ended so my objective is to cheer him up, mainly by doing a pub crawl and then clubbing until the early hours. He was a bit surprised to hear about R (doesn't anyone read my emails or blog?!) but said that it probably explained why I seemed happier and healthier!

The pub crawl went swimmingly! We went to four pubs and graded the sofas out of ten in each. The second pub had the worst sofa but the best ceiling. It was a see-through walkway on the upper floor, and we only noticed it when we left! Andy was a little disappointed at not noticing it earlier, especially since there was some kind of hen night going on and quite a few girls with short skirts on were walking up and down...!! We eventually decided to go in search of a club and passed Flares, which Andy desperately wanted me to go into, as it has a revolving dancefloor and a pole... Yep, the guy wants to have a pole-dance!! I am adamant that we are not going in, though I flirtingly suggest that I'd probably be very good at it... We ended up at Faces, a club with cool music but a few posers. I pulled this guy who said in so many words that I was sexy and could he take me home? I was a little shocked but politely declined. Andy was watching from the side of the dancefloor and thought it was hysterical, though I refused to tell him what the guy had said to me. I sweetly said that it might shock his little cotton socks off(!)

We finally crash at the flat around 3am. After poking him so he wouldn't sleep on the sofa, and Andy badly defending himself with a feather duster (best not to ask!), we retire, only for me to wake later that morning at... 6.30am. Damn east-facing window!!

No comments: