Saturday, June 18, 2005

Oops...?

I told my dad about R. I didn't even mean to! I stumbled downstairs this morning to make coffee and Dad asked me if I was going to JH's for the annual birthday BBQ. I declined, saying it was too hot this year and Bedfordshire is a long haul in hot weather. He then asked if I was doing anything tonight and I said that no, I wasn't.
"But you usually go out on a Saturday night, don't you?" he asked.
"Well, yeah," I reply, "but R's in Manchester today."
"R? Who's R?"
I suddenly realise what I've said and gulp. "Boyfriend?" I offered.
"Boyfriend?" my dad repeated.
"Yeah."
"I didn't know," he said, a little crestfallen, and then just walked out of the room and back upstairs.

I'm not quite sure what happened. Was he upset he didn't know, or upset I had a boyfriend? Was he even upset at all and just...? I dunno. He hasn't spoken to me again the rest of today... Maybe he needs to think about it...

1 comment:

Nancey said...

Perhaps he's upset thatyou didn't mention it. He can't be upset that his grown, adult daughter has a boyfriend. What did he expect would happen with the tall and gorgeous Athene?