Friday, April 07, 2006

A Series of (Un)Fortunate(?) Events

So, today was pretty eventful.

1. First up, it's Pete's birthday today. I'm disappointed to hear he's not throwing some wild and lavish bash but that's not the reason I'm not going to see him. We have already made plans to pick up rellies from Purley and take them to Tottenham. A long trip and one we cannot cancel. So, maybe another time Pete...?

2. An email came around saying that Bisi, the long-suffering temp receptionist who faces the sack at the end of the month, has found another job in Homes for Islington (with some colleagues from my college course, funnily enough!) so she will be leaving us shortly.

3. Another email then came around confirming once and for all that my senior is indeed leaving us for Lordship Lane. She said that she knew some of us were glad she was leaving and so was she. I was very very tempted to reply-all on the email and tell her that we were ALL glad she was leaving, not just some!! But I didn't.

4. Dad called me at work and asked if I was coming over today. I said no, I was meaning to come over next Friday, Good Friday, as I'm not here for Easter. He said okay and hung up. Weird...

5. Then, early in the evening, my Dad came over with Pam. It would appear that they're 'thinking' about getting married. But since Pam has a ring and they're telling everyone about it, I'm guessing that 'thinking' is now replaced with 'doing'. They then wanted to know if I was happy for them...

So yeah, eventful day...

No comments: