Saturday, April 22, 2006

Day 8 - San Jose to Los Angeles (to London)

So we're in San Jose and in a gorgeous hotel conveniently near the airport. Unfortunately, I threw up at 1am this morning. A week of junk food and a day of wine two days previously have not helped matters. I have a good diet at home and my body has rebelled against my not drinking water, OJ, and six portions of fruit aand veg a day. It sucks. I'm sick and this is probably the best place we've stayed in all week and would have been the best brekkie ever! I order Jenny to go and have breakfast while I have a nap, but she traipsed back 5mins later saying it wasn't the same... but she could have made her own waffles.

I am in no condition to fly but fly I must, and I take my bag to the car looking like death warmed up. We drop off the rental car at the airport and sit in the waiting area for ages doing crossword puzzles as we have arrived mega early. We board a place and an hour 15 mins later, we're in LAX. We trek in the Los Angeles heat from T4 to T2 with our heavy bags and heavy wine carriers. This is not improving my condition...

Liz picked up Jenny and we bade farewell. I check in my bags and wait...

I board the plane, grab an aisle seat, and sleep. And sleep. Dinner arrived and I ate the salad, sesame crackers, and Oreo cheesecake before... yep, sleeping! I wake up for breakfast and skip the egg and cheese roll, just drinking the OJ and picking at the fruit salad. As we land, I feel a little nauseous but remain okay! My bag came out relatively quickly and I skipped customs, rushing out to meet Reuben. Who I missed a lot while I was away!! But I am still tired, drained from being ill, and very jet-lagged. I desperately try to stay awake until 9pm and watch some highlights of the San Marino Grand Prix, which Michael Schumacher won, so it hasn't been the best of days!

TOTAL MILES (to the airport): 1.52

TOTAL MILES OVERALL: 506.08

No comments: