Saturday, May 14, 2005

Statues, Italians, and Perfumes

So my best friend and I went to the British Museum as a sort of belated birthday outing. We usually go out together on my birthday but schedules clashed and this was the earliest date we could do. Anyways, we went there because I love it there and because she'd never been before... Yes, I know! Completely unacceptable!! So we spent a good deal of the morning and some of the afternoon just peering into the Egyptian sarcophaguses, taking in the Greek statues, marvelling at the Parthenon frieze, and bitching about home life!

It was about 2pm before we decided to find lunch somewhere, and we headed to the ultra-crowded Covent Garden to have some Italian on the piazza. Ponti's has crap service but some very good-looking Italian waiters! They have names like Georgio and Paulo and speak in stilted English that makes me go all weak... Let's just say the bad service was quickly forgotten!

The remainder of the afternoon was spent in Debenhams sampling the perfume ranges. I've been experimenting a while and decided that CK's Contradiction is too sweet for me and I need something a bit zestier; something which a bit more punch. I was torn between DKNY's Delicious (think apples) and Britney's Curious (smelling suspiciously like So...? Inspired) before plumping for a Davidoff limited edition, Sea Scents and Sun, which is lighter than Cool Water and definitely more wearable for the summer. I should go before I sound like someone off the QVC...

No comments: