Monday, May 02, 2005

James Marsters

Anna was so upset at not seeing James Marsters yesterday that she got up at 5am this morning and went back to Milton Keynes, queued until 9am to purchase a Virtual Queuing ticket, and then finally go to actually meet him around 10.45am. Anna did nothing but squeal down the phone for the entire conversation! She basically got to the front of the queue and handed her photo and two albums for him to sign.

Basic transcript (because words change after the story is told a billion times over):
James: Hi, nice to meet you (shakes her hand).
Anna: Hi, how are you?
James: A bit tired but I'm okay. (Starts signing her album sleeves) Thanks for buying the music, man.
Anna: I listen to them all the time.
James: Well I'm glad you like them!
Anna: I heard you hurt your hand so you aren't personalising stuff.
James: Yeah I broke it while directing my play. (Starts signing her photo) The landlord was walking around while I'm trying to work and was just pissing me off, so instead of hitting him I ended up hitting the floor (does a punching motion towards the table). Thanks for asking!
Anna: Well I hope it gets better soon. Anyway, it was nice to meet you (holds her hand out for him to shake it again)
James: Yeah, thanks for coming! (Shakes her hand again)
Anna: See ya, bye!

Anna has been on an unnatural high all day. She refuses to wash her right hand. She keeps gazing into nothing with a stupid grin on her face. But I am so pleased for her! She was so upset yesterday and I'm glad that she finally got to meet him and that he was courteous enough to acknowledge that some people had been there for ages waiting to see him. He comes across as very friendly, chatty, and taking time for fans is the best thing any celebrity can do. I look forward to the next time he's in the UK... so I can get the chance to meet him too!!

2 comments:

Nancey said...

I'm qute impressed by the conversation Anna had with James Masterson. When faced with my celebrity idol (Neil Gaiman in Canterbury, 2001) I only managed to stutter out some stupid setnence about coming all the way from America to see him. I was an idiot who was too star struck to speak. Jenny did better though, but I pretty much can't remember their conversation because I was aboutto faint.

Nancey said...

Umm...James Marsters. Does it show that I'm not too hip with Buffy?