Saturday, May 07, 2005

Forty two

I went to see the film version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I watched the TV series when I was younger. My dad had taped it and I just watched one episode after another. I remember being confused by Zaphod Beetlebrox and couldn't understand why nobody could tell the actor had an obvious fake head attached to his neck. I also remember being equally confused as to why Arthur Dent couldn't find a decent clothing manufacturer and change his outfit!

So watching the film brought back some (hazy) memories and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Martin Freeman was excellent as the continuosly confused Arthur Dent, stumbling around the realms of space in his PJ's and dressing gown. Stephen Fry was equally as brilliant as the narrator of the titular book and Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin was spot on! No-one could have done it better!! And I so loved Sam Rockwell as Zaphod! I can just imagine my brother doing something like that!! And Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast? Class!!

No comments: