Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas continues

My new boss' generosity continues… He walked around the office this morning and placed on each desk a bottle of wine with a Christmas card attached to it. It's good stuff too. I was touched.

No work was done today though. Friday afternoons end at 2pm for most of the officers and there was a get-together planned for the evening from about 4pm. People started to drift into the office from about 11am, hanging about and generally chatting until it was time to leave. Most people pushed off at lunchtime, leaving the office as quiet as a morgue for the entire afternoon. The phones hardly rang. It was creepy. I declined from going to the drink-up. By the time I've battled through the traffic to Wood Green and parked up in the multi, it'd be very crowded there and I'd never be able to get to the bar for people. Besides, I wouldn't be able to drink because I have the car, so the whole process is rather a waste of time. I've been to my office do; I don't need to go to the Corporate one.

No comments: