Thursday, December 09, 2004

Christmas at Work

Today I was finally nagged into decorating the office for Christmas. I don't mind, actually, but I do have work to do...! However, work was quickly left in favour of collecting the boxes from the stores and starting to make the office look festive, when a batch of mobile phone bills were plonked on my desk. Yep, they can wait!!

So I set up the fake tree and put baubles all over it, mending the thread loops as I went along. Colleagues made comments as they passed the tree on the way to the reception/ water-cooler/ photocopier, etc but most of it was patronising ("That is simply lovely, Clare" etc etc). The receptionist helped untangle the lights because only yesterday I was walking all over her desk putting up her decorations - even standing on the desk she couldn't reach the ceiling. Of course, I got all the usual "Are you sure you need the stool to reach the ceiling?" jokes. Yawn! Lights went up by the office entrance doors and some hanging decs went over the tea 'n' coffee area. Tinsel was wrapped around certain colleagues' PC monitors (the ones who specifically said they didn't want it - heheheh!!) and the remainders were wrapped around the supporting columns.

It all looks really nifty... and took all afternoon. Well, 1pm to 4.30pm, which is a pretty long time really. Just have to make sure I get all my work done before the office luncheon tomorrow...

No comments: