Sunday, July 10, 2005

Bournemouth

This morning I woke up unfeasibly early considering I had a great night's sleep. I made Jenny and Melissa eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast and then we just lounged around in and outside the chalet until Reuben called me to say he'd arrived in Bournemouth. I drove to Bournemouth, found Reuben, and we all walked along the promenade, stopping in an arcade along the way. We had lunch in Hot Rocks, a surf-themed restaurant overlooking the square and with beach views. It was incredibly hot and all we could manage was two starters between the four of us. There was quite a bit of food though – chicken pieces, potato skins, southern-fried potato wedges, tortilla chips and spare ribs, served with salsa, sour cream and mustard dips. We took a short walk through Bournemouth gardens in the blazing heat, taking photos and trying to work off some of the food!

Back in the car and to the chalet, I noticed my upper right arm had turned slightly pink – sunburn! I should get more sunblock… Mel and Jen began to argue out their joint efforts on a new story for a while before Melissa finally left to call Andy. Jenny disappeared outside to enjoy the late afternoon sun on the patio, and Reuben and I decided to clock in some quality time… Well, a week is a long time when you're apart from the one you love!

Reuben left about 7.30pm and we had mince and pasta for dinner before heading out to the club for the evening cabaret. Comedian Paul Eastwood is not much of a comedian. His jokes were funny but they were recycled off the Internet so I'd heard most of them before. The ones I hadn't heard were in bad taste, a typical example being "The other day I met a blind prostitute… well, you've got to hand it to her." (sigh) Yeah…

No comments: