Tuesday, January 10, 2006

War of the Worlds

Contains spoilers about the film!!!

I bought Reuben a War of the Worlds DVD for Christmas (among other things!) and we finally sat down tonight to watch it. It was okay but I was a bit disappointed that they just died out by themselves and didn't need some sort of gung-ho American hero in the form of Will Smith. Well, it did have Tom Cruise but he spent the whole film running away or hiding in a basement.
Me: "So they just died by themselves?"
Reuben: "Well, because they were eating and drinking our food. We're dying, what chance have they got?"
"But they weren't really eating food. They were killing people and feeding off their blood."
"Well that's the same."
"I guess aliens have AIDS and bird flu too then...?"

We laughed a lot. I think we're tired... This isn't as funny as I remember it being...

No comments: