Monday, January 09, 2006

Again...?!

I won Employee of the Month for January. Again.

Yeah, people at work are becoming suspicious since no one has ever won it twice. And I've won it twice. And when it came to the Employee of the Year awards I won for the department.

The bad thing was I was nominated by my line manager, the one person I really do not like very much and am currently undergoing proceedings against (secretly, of course). Reuben thinks it is a way of putting the cat among the pigeons: my manager suspects that her staff are petitioning against her removal so she awards one of them to make it look as if we're lying and she actually does appreciate us. Which is a lie. If you appreciate someone, do you yell and scream at them? Treat them like dirt? Be short and curt with them? All the time? Exactly.

So its hard going. I didn't want to throw the award back in her face although it was tempting (despite it being a bottle of champers). But now everyone thinks I'm her little model employee and I'm being teased about being her bodyguard. Ugh! It's tough.

No comments: