Sunday, December 18, 2005

Pre-Xmas meetup

I can't believe its been a month since I last posted! Where does the time go?

Anyway, Reuben and I did our whole 'lets-have-a-party-and-invite-everyone' thing yesterday evening. I invited everyone just over a week in advance and got the usual lame excuses from people who couldn't be bothered to make a bit of effort (how dare I ask people to travel outside of London?!). However, some people did come and it was a very good evening to be had by all! Tara and Peter came, along with Anne, Suzy and Debbie, who unfortunately had to leave early so she could be at a family 'do' by 5pm. So it was a party of six, meaning everyone could sit on the sofas (just about) and the conversation flowed as freely as the food and drink! I got to light candles all over the place and do a nice table centrepiece; Reuben got to be 'nanny' in the kitchen. (Heheheh)

To be honest, we were secretly worried that no-one would turn up at all. It is a bit close to Christmas and all... But it was a great night I think and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We even managed to squeeze a bit of alcohol into the evening and got a bit merry (not much, but I think Reuben was just a teensy bit pissed, considering he went to bed humming some dreadful Christmas song that I won't embarass him over). Just wish I'd taken a photo or two...!

No comments: