Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Surprise DVD

Anna went to see Rooster play at the Astoria tonight so Rosemary and I decide to have a sort of 'girls night in'. We have dinner, lots of ice cream, and decide to watch a DVD. Rosemary says she wants to put on a 'surprise DVD' which means that I have to close my eyes while she picks a film and puts it in the player. I willingly shut my eyes and think about what we'll probably have to watch. Immediate thoughts went to Mean Girls, the newest version of Freaky Friday, Big Fat Liar... the usual favourites. She tells me to open my eyes and she couldn't possibly have been beaming any wider. The film she picked? The 1976 musical, The Slipper and the Rose: The Story of Cinderella starring Richard Chamberlain and Gemma Craven.

Rosemary can't get enough of this film. It's astonishing to say the least. I used to watch this film as a child nearly every Sunday afternoon at my grandparents... and that was a long time ago...!!

No comments: