Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Football hooliganism

I haven't written for ages... So this is just to show I'm still alive but not doing much! Work is incredibly hectic at the moment and leaving very little time to do anything other than eat, sleep and then go to work again.

I did want to point out though that football hooliganism is not restricted to just the English. The AC Milan v. Inter Milan match yesterday proved that it is very much alive in other countries too... For those of you who don't know what happened, flares were thrown on to the pitch and one caught the shoulder of a goalkeeper, subsequently hospitalising him. The TV cameras saw the flare begin to spark and spun as it bounced off the goalkeeper's shoulder, possibly throwing sparks into his face. It was an appalling scene of hooliganism.

I would like to point out that I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush. I just wanted to highlight that while the FA is barring English football fans from travelling left, right and centre, they should be using the same power to acknowledge that other countries have just as many 'bad eggs'.

Maybe I should be directing this at the FA...?

No comments: