Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back to normal

I went back to work today and made the classic mistake of signing a works order with 04/01/06. Oh well, at least its done now! And I know I’m missed from the office though I’m not sure it’s for the right reasons. I walked in and my colleague said, “Oh I’m so glad you’re here! The photocopier hasn’t been working for a week!”
I put my bag down on my desk and said, “And a very happy new year to you too!”

It turns out that three of the four drum cartridges went out and nobody knew what to do. It’s a big thing when the drums go because no-one can print, photocopy, email or fax from the machine. Anyhow it turns out I only have two spares so I phoned the company and ordered some more supplies. I then had to sort out three problems with emailing and one problem with spreadsheet page margins. By 10.30am I actually managed to have time to make a cup of coffee. Considering I start work at 8:30am that was a long time to function without caffeine!!

No comments: