Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wedding no 3

Dad and Pam got married today. All the family were involved in one way of another except for me. I guess this is what comes of trying to be independent. Anyway, Reuben and I had to sit separately for the ceremony which lasted about 10 minutes. My mother’s parents and sister were invited and looked as if they’d rather be somewhere else. I know the feeling…

After the ceremony everyone gathered for drinks in the bar. I however had to go and have my photo taken but the photographer didn’t seem particularly interested in having the family in the picture. He took loads of time getting bridesmaids Rosemary and Lynne into place and taking pictures of Dad and Pam on their own. When it came to all of us the shots were rushed. He took three with me almost completely obscured by my dad’s shoulder and Anna’s elaborate hairdo. Ho hum…

Dinner was weird too. It was a buffet table so everyone had a plate and went and helped themselves. However, being on the head table (away from Reuben) (again) we had our plates given to us with everything from the buffet in a big pile. It looked very unappetising and I don’t think anyone on the table ate much of it at all.

As people started to move around after coffee had been served the party started… If that’s what you could call it. It was a so-so pub band singing 80’s songs and they only performed for 15mins before going off for an hour’s break! Some finger food arrived onto the tables and we ate a bit and chatted to Chris and Cem but it wasn’t all that. We decided to call it a day and left about 10pm.

No comments: