Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dinner Party III

We invited my Dad & co. over for a buffet-style get-together, in hopes of endearing my father a little more to Reuben, and so we have have my other relatives around for dinner or whatever without offending my immediate family.

So there we were: Reuben and myself, plus Dad, Pam, my Nan, Anna and Rosemary, Chris and Cem, and Pam's kids, Lynne and Ian. Somehow we all managed to squeeze into the lounge and have a bit of a laugh. The chocolate fountain was another success, although a lot more was left over this time - about half. It was okay, though it started off a bit awkwardly, not to mention that my Dad said he hadn't received my text so hadn't picked up my grandmother and he had go to back!

But I think it was a success. Reuben wasn't ignored... so that's good. And when my brother left early to go to the pub to meet some mates, Reuben went forward to do the continental 'cheek kissing' as a laugh, and my brother just grabbed him and gave him a full cheek smacker!! Rosemary was horrified and said that I should start to look for a place of my own!! She's all so innocent, the cutie!! So yeah, success I think.

No comments: