Saturday, November 05, 2005

Near death experience

Reuben and I wanted to spend the morning browsing in Waltham Cross so we parked up in the car park by the post office and paid for a ticket at the P & D machine. I cross the zebra and... suddenly look up to my right and see a Chelsea Tractor inches away from me!!

I quickly back up, holding my hands out as if to stop the car (like thats ever gonna happen!). The woman starts blaring her horn and telling me to watch where I'm going. I'm like, ""Excuse me, ZEBRA CROSSING!" and walk towards the car, visibly upset. Shit, I nearly died!!

These things are lethal death traps. Why on earth does someone want a 4x4 with bull bars for a drive around town? They are very environmentally unfriendly with heavy fuel consumption, not to mention that the bumpers sit higher than all other cars, so if one hit your car, it'd be halfway through the back seat before it stopped.

Chelsea Tractor drivers are now the new Kings of the Road. I feel sorry for the Kensington & Chelsea schoolchildren...

No comments: