Saturday, November 26, 2005

Christmas shopping - part 1

Today Reuben and I started a bit of Christmas shopping. The idea is that we spread out the cost over the next few weeks so our bank managers don't have heart attacks. I already have Mel's and Jenny's wrapped and ready to send so we head to the PO, which has decided to change their opening hours so they shut earlier on Saturdays, a stupid move which leaves us standing in the sleet and cold Arctic wind trying to work out when we can come during opening hours. They shut at 12.30pm now so I need an early Saturday morning next week. (Damnit!!)

We hide the pressies under the car seats so they don't get nicked while we're shopping, and browse around posh Fishpools and buy some items in not-so-posh WHSmiths, Argos, and Boots. I got quite a few pressies (okay, eight), and I found all the cards I need too. The best bit? I spent about £50, thanks to special offers and 3 for 2's. I'm dead pleased with myself.

I really wanted to buy a tree and decorations. The problem is I'd want to put it up immediately and it's way too early right now. I'm easily excitable around Christmas. I have this crazy idea about us inviting ALL our mates round at the same time for drinks and snacks. There's no way everyone would fit but I reckon it'd be a right laugh. :)

No comments: