Saturday, August 20, 2005

V Festival - Day 1

So I finally to the V Festival – hoo yeah! I bought tickets for Anna and myself back in February and have been so looking forward to it! I offered Andy to come with me, who then unceremoniously dumped me in favour of Mark instead. (Andy dislikes use of the phrase ‘dumped’ and thought I only wanted to go for one day. Yeah. Sure. Fine. Whatever.) Anyway, 8.30am this morning he called me to say that Mark couldn’t make it as he was in Nottingham with his girlfriend and he had a spare ticket a-begging. So Reuben piped up that he’d love to go and we all went. As it turns out, Andrew and Anna clicked rather well… Er, yeah, weird!

Bands seen: The La’s, The Magic Numbers, The Proclaimers, KT Tunstall (briefly), Good Charlotte, Maroon 5, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets, Oasis
Bands saw and should have missed: The La’s, The Streets
Bands missed and wanted to see: Jet, The Zutons
Best sing-a-long: (What’s The Story?) Morning Glory followed closely by This Love
Best line: Glad to see Pete Doherty could make it – the giant c**k (Liam Gallagher upon seeing an inflatable penis being waved in the crowd)
Items bought: 10th anniversary V Festival T-shirt (sub-woofer design)
Items lost: Right hearing aid (bugger!)
Celebrities seen: 0
Time spent leaving: 20mins searching for the car, 70mins trying to leave the site

Level of tiredness: 10/10 – I slept in the car!

No comments: